Corona virus has impacted almost everybody and the way they do things. Here at Whitemoor we are working hard to ensure that patients who don’t have Covid 19 can safely access our services.
Don’t let Corona Virus stop you getting help from your GP
We are still extremely busy, however, if you or a loved one have symptoms of a heart attack or stroke, are a parent worried about your child or have concerns about conditions such as cancer you should seek help in the way you always would normally. The short videos below highlight some of the health issues you should still definitely be contacting your GP about
We can help you safely
Most problems can be dealt with over the phone or by video consultation. In addition there is our popular online consultation service econsult. This is available via the link on our home page and is open 24/7 with no user name or password required.
Where it is essential we can still see patients face to face in the surgery thanks to the e safety measures we have put in place. These include,
- Access to the surgery is strictly by appointment only, keeping footfall to a minimum.
- All patients with appointments are pre screened for Covid symptoms and this includes a temperature check on the day of the appointment.
- Face coverings mandatory for all visitors to the surgery.
- No patients with Covid symptoms are seen face to face at the surgery – they attend a special clinic off site.
- All visitors required to use hand sanitiser on entry to the building.
- Limits on the number of patients in the surgery at any one time to facilitate social distancing
- A strict PPE and infection control regime in place for all staff
- Time limits on appointments to minimise any potential exposure risk.
Prescription requests can be ordered in 2 ways
- By email to [email protected]
- In writing – please post in the blue box on our entrance gates
Please note most pharmacies are putting in a number of measures to protect customers against Corona virus which includes restricted access and amended opening hours. You may wish to check their websites regularly so you can keep up to date with any changes.
Help us to keep the surgery Covid safe , especially for our most vulnerable patients
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES visit the surgery if you have a new persistent cough or a high temperature. You must consult 111 online for further advice.
- Do not visit the surgery in person unless requested to do so. Please telephone or use our online E consult Service if you have any sort of Query. If you visit the surgery in person without being asked to do so you will be putting yourself and other patients at serious risk of harm.
- Please only contact us by telephone or online (using econsult) if you need immediate and urgent attention.